Multiple Chronic Conditions Blog
Health Care Planning and Learning Action Network Roadmaps to Population Based Payment and Clinical Episode Payment
Since January, 2015 the President’s development of the Health Care Planning and Learning Action Network has produced over 9 White Papers on directing the US health care system on Population Based Payment (PBP) and Clinical Episode Payment (CEP). These White Papers were open to the public for review and comments prior finalization. Some of the White Papers are under final review and include the recent collection of 240 comments.
The specific White Papers focused on PBP include:
- Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) Framework, released 1.12.16
- Performance Measures for PBP Models, released 4.22.16
- Data Sharing for PBP Models, draft released 6.10.16
- Patient Attribution for PBP Models, released 6.30.16
- Final Benchmarking for PBP Models, released 6.30.16
- National APM Data Collection Effort, planned release June/July
Three of the CEP White Papers are under finalization and planned release scheduled for end of July, first of August and include:
Stay current, relevant and informed Multiple Chronic Conditions Resource Center provides clinicians, educators and inter-professional health care students with health policy, clinical evidence and information on providing best care to the largest, fastest growing and costliest US patient population – those with Multiple Chronic Conditions
Written by Dr Kim Kuebler
Dr. Kim Kuebler is the Medical Team Leader for Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians, Savannah, GA. She is an Adult Nurse Practitioner graduate from Emory University's School of Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice graduate from Vanderbilt University.